Monday, August 24, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Today was a typical drag on Monday. It didn't stop me from cooking when I got home though. I made Bran Muffins (I know, sounds healthy right). They weren't bad, but not my cup of tea. I also felt like making some kind of Zucchini bread and chose a recipe for it that sounded yummy. I have yet to taste it, so we'll see. Even so, i'm including it below. (I made some changes to it to try for a lighter version than the usual with vegetable oil, changed the sugar amount, plus added more chocolate of course)

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
2 one ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
3 eggs
1 cup Fat Free Yogurt
2 cups grated Zucchini (feel free to make it a heaping 2 cups)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. cocoa
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, packed (has half the amount of granulated sugar)
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda (I did 1 1/2 tsp.)
1 tsp. salt (just realized, I must have been in a hurry, totally forgot the salt, oh well :)
1 tsp. cinnamon (more is better)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Grease and flour two 9x5 bread pans. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix eggs, yogurt, zucchini, vanilla. Melt chocolate and mix in. The chocolate is not going to mix in smoothly, because of the cold batter, but it will melt when baking. In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients, and chocolate chips (prevents sinking). Add to zucchini batter and mix until just combined.
Pour into prepared pans. Bake 60-70 minutes. Toothpick test to make sure the bread is done.

Ok, i've made myself hungry. I'm going to taste test some.
......
Chocolate is awesome!!! Even minus the salt, which I will make sure to add next time, it was beautiful. I darn near cried. Ok....not really, but you get the picture. Tomorrow i'm making Peach Turnovers. YEAH!

1 comment:

  1. i've got to stop reading your blog ebay. it's making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete