Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 1 Kelsey's B-day

This is the first time i've ever really "blogged" and i'm looking forward to a new way to unwind. So...i'll introduce myself. My name is Katie and i've lived in Iowa all my life, yes you can insert the excitement here... I've been out of college for a little over 3 years now, which I can't believe. I've been in the "real world" for a while now. And yes, college was more fun than the working for a living thing. A positive out of this, was that I was able to buy a house last year, which is a feat in this economy.  And i've seen no real struggles as of yet, hopefully it stays that way :) Lately i've been getting creative urges, but have really not done anything about it until this past month. So, this is where it begins...on to the cooking of fantastic foods. I absolutely love food!!! And I love to cook, a little pinch of this, a little pinch of that, and we've got something delicious. This is my entree into the world of cooking, which i'm only now becoming more serious about. I've always had a bit of a knack for it, but I guess you could say i've never really motivated myself to do anything about it. Maybe culinary school someday.....Stay tuned.
Day 1: My friend Kelsey turned *cough* 25 today, and two other girlfriends, Angi, Lynne and I celebrated with her at my house. I made a yummy dinner and dessert and we watched part of the original Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth (yummy:) Dang, that movie is long.
4:45: I arrive home from work and started getting everything ready for homemade pizzas. I used a recipe for the dough from food network, Emeril Lagasse=genius. I had to let it raise for slightly over an hour.
Meanwhile, I turned into a cooking machine and cooked the chicken, chopped up the spinach (not always a favorable vegetable, if you ask me), grated parmesan cheese...etc. We had a spinach alfredo sauced, chicken and cheese pizza, and an olive oil, garlic, cumin, cheese pizza. Both of these had melted onions on them. Now this part was not fun. I cut up 4 onions last night, which you have to simmer for around 2 hours. I cried my friggin' eyes out, could barely cut a slice or two, before having to go wash my hands and dab at my eyes as I cried a river. Can we say burn baby burn... Phew, breathe a sigh of relief and move on.
These pizzas were Ammmmmmmmazing! Definitely keeper recipes; to possibly be posted at a later date. We also had some homestyle icecream and I made molten lava chocolate cakes to go with. All of this was consistently coupled with a couple bottles of wine shared amongst us.




Pizza, wine and chocolate= awesomely happy friends and myself of course :)
After all of that, i'm exhausted. So, until next time...

1 comment:

  1. whoa whoa whoa...look at this new blog!

    great pic btw.

    the pizzas....*falls on floor drooling*
    the chocolate lava cake...*falls through floor still drooling*

    that's a sweet pic. i wants it!

    ReplyDelete